Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Simple Guy. . .

I am a simple guy. Most of the time I just keep to myself. I spend a lot of my time at home. Just listening to the radio or playing the piano. I love to cook, read and read cookbooks (??) I enjoy the simple things in life like peace&quiet and good conversation with good company. I do not smoke and I hardly drink. You might say I am not so typical. But like most guys I am into sports like basketball (bundled with the usual armchair game analysis) and nifty gadgets. My friends are divided into three groups: The raucous but shy-type males who spend their time plotting a hostile military takeover, the quintessential garden variety org mates back in college and the girl buds who always ask for advice. I am the eldest and have two siblings. My sister (middle child) is the proto-type cheerleader/varsity player who is sweet and endearing as she is evil elitist in nature. The youngest (My kid brother) is an academic mutant freak and the more quiet one among the three of us. Sometimes I feel burdened by the fact that I am the eldest and a male at that. I always have to lead by example for my siblings not to question my authority. This has caused much conflict between me & my sis. Especially with curfews. I also feel bewilderment at times when girl friends ask me for advice regarding matters of the heart. I do not know how this came about (maybe my image as the huggable & harmless teddybear has something to do with it). My peers say it is a gift that I should take advantage of but that is not my style. I just shrug my shoulders at their suggestion. A lot of times I feel sad and have no one to talk to. I seldom open up to people unless I really trust them. Often I just regale them with stories about amazing facts and trivia. This has made me come across as lively and talkative when the reality is my mind is somewhere else and I feel so alone. Real friends are so hard to come by. FIN.

No comments: